Extreme Outdoor Training Circuit
Cardio and weight training methods ideally suited to training in the outdoors.
Hard, intense and frequent workouts are certainly required when looking to make consistent and significant progress, whether the goal is gaining muscle, losing body fat, building strength, increasing health/fitness, or any combination of the above. And while it is often an easy task to make it to the gym 4-6 days per week during the fall and winter months, when temperatures begin to rise, the sun shines more brightly, and the days start to lengthen, it can become a more difficult endeavor to confine oneself inside the walls of a crowded, sweaty health club for hours at a time. This is why at ALLMAX we suggest that when the spring and summer roll around that you satisfy, rather than deny, your senses, and take your training out of the gym, and into the great outdoors. Not only will this help you remain more motivated to keep your fitness program on track, but research suggests that it can also enhance mood, lower levels of perceived effort and make time feel as if “time is moving more quickly.” And if you think about it, this all makes perfect sense –
when you combine exercise, sun, fresh air, and if possible, beautiful surroundings such as the beach, ocean, mountains, trees and/or freshly cut grass, how can you not feel fantastic?
Of course, unless you are some mega-rich, Hollywood movie star with his/her own workout trailer full of equipment, you will likely need to get your outdoor training done with little to no apparatus. This is precisely why I have written workouts for you below that make use of nothing more than bands and bodyweight! Maybe we should call it “The Outdoor Barebones Bands/Bodyweight Blast” program. Whatever you decide to name it, however,
just make sure to apply maximum effort to every movement, so that the shape and definition of your muscles improve just as quickly as the tan on your skin!
Total Body Blast #1- Extreme Outdoor Training Circuit
This will be more of a basic exercise protocol where you work one muscle at a time before moving to the next.
- Wide Grip Push Ups…2-3 x Max Reps
- Close Grip Push Ups…2 x Max Reps
- Bodyweight Pull Ups…2-3 x Max Reps
- One Arm Band Bent Row…2-3 x 13-15 Reps
- Overhead Band Press…2-3 x 16-20
- Band Side Lateral Raise…2 x 13-15
- Band Alternating Curls…2 x 10-12
- Band Single Arm Overhead Extensions…2 x 10-12
- Walking Lunges…2-3 x 16-20 Per Leg
- Jump Squats…2 x Max Reps
- Band Stiff Leg Deadlift…2-3 x 13-15
- Alternating Twisting Crunch…2 x 16-20 Per Side
- Lying Straight Leg Raise…2 x Max Reps
Total Body Blast #2 – Extreme Outdoor Training Circuit
This will utilize a circuit format, making it a bit more of an overall conditioning type protocol.
- Wide Grip Push Ups…15 Reps
- 2 Arm Bent Over Band Row…15 Reps
- Bodyweight Squats…25 Reps
- Band Upright Row…15 Reps
- Band Curls…12 Reps
- Alternating Bodyweight Rear Lunges…12 Reps Per leg
- Band Triceps Kickbacks…12 Reps
- Bicycle Crunches…20 Reps Per Side
- Bodyweight Single-Leg Stiff Leg Deadlift…10 Reps Per Leg
- *No rest to be taken between exercises (or as little as possible)
- **Rest 3-5 minutes once the full circuit is complete. Repeat circuit 2-3 more times.
Total Body Blast #3 – Extreme Outdoor Training Circuit
This will utilize upper body/lower body and upper body/abdominal SUPERSETS, which is a form of PHA, or peripheral heart action, training. This pushes the heart to work harder by forcing it to rapidly circulate blood to different sections of the body. This results in a very high caloric burn and is a great way to incinerate body fat while also building muscle.
- Superset: CG Push-ups /
- Band Front Squats…3 x Max Reps / 13-15 Reps
- Superset: Underhand Grip Pull-ups /
- Alternating Lunges…3 x Max Reps / 13-15 Reps Per Leg
- Superset: Overhead Band Presses /
- Long Jumps…3 x 10-12 Reps / 7-9 Jumps
- Superset: Alternating Band Hammer Curls /
- Lying Bent Leg Hip Raise…3 x 10-12 Reps / 21-25 Reps
- Superset: Bench Type Triceps Dips /
- Band Oblique Twists…3 x Max Reps / 10-12 Reps Per Side
Success Through Supplementation
Just because you decide to take your workout into the great outdoors does not mean you should take a pass on the supplements that support workout intensity, drive and focus, as well as foster recover, repair and growth. Its easy to carry with you a serving or two of the following ALLMAX products no matter where you decide to get your training done!
ISOFLEX: The highest quality whey protein isolate on the market, created by using a unique extraction technology known as HRI. This allows ALLMAX to deliver a WPI with extremely low lactose, fat, sugar, and carbs and filled with enhanced bioactive whey fractions.
Take a serving to meet your protein needs at any time of day, but most importantly as part of the post-workout meal.
AMINOCORE: Research has proven that the specific 9:6:5 ratio pf BCAA’s found in AMINOCORE is the most effective in the industry. Delivering over 8 total grams of flash freeze-dried, highly soluble (via INSTACLEAR) BCAA’S per serving, AMINOCORE was created to increase protein synthesis, reduce protein breakdown, enhance energy, and hasten recovery from intense training.
Take a serving in the morning upon awakening and sip a serving during your workout. Can also be used between meals to stave off hunger and reduce cravings.
CARBION: Contains a scientifically engineered blend of various (slow, medium and quick-absorbing) carbohydrates, supplying the body with both rapid and long-lasting energy before workouts, and optimal glycogen re-storage after. The addition of electrolytes will prevent muscle cramping as well as optimize muscle contractions and transmission of nerve impulses.
Take a serving about 30-45 minutes before training and 1-2 servings immediately post-training.
IMPACT PUMP: This is a stimulant-free pre-workout product that was engineered to increase focus and mental acuity, while intensely enhancing blood flow to muscles for a mind-blowing “pump.” Together, these effects allow for more intense and productive workouts while igniting hypertrophy via greater muscle cell expansion.
Take a serving along with CARBION about 30-45 minutes before a workout.