Hungry? Try filling up with a high quality whey protein powder like ISOFLEX.
With all the research surrounding protein today it should be no surprise that increasing your protein intake can do much more than aid in repairing and building muscle. It may also be the answer to your mid-afternoon grumbling belly.
Recent studies have found that regularly consuming protein throughout the day can keep you feeling fuller for longer than carbohydrates and fats alone, in turn helping keep you and your physique in check.
The science behind these findings is in the hormones produced in high-protein diets. Studies found that diets high in protein (at least 65% of total caloric intake) showed higher levels of the YY peptide hormone. This hormone which is produced in the gastrointestinal cells is known for its hunger suppressant effects. Proof that steering clear of fast-digesting carbohydrates such as white bread and rice, and highly processed cereals and snacks, which are typically high on the glycemic index, and placing emphasis on protein-rich food such as chicken, fish, lean beef and eggs will keep you full. Looking to lean out? High protein diets can also help increase your metabolic rate, keep your furnace going all day long.
How much protein do you need? Requirements are based on individual goals. A general guide is at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. If your goal is muscle building, you should be aiming for 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight.
If you find consuming all this protein difficult, look no further. ALLMAX Nutrition can help simplify your diet. Supplementing your diet with ALLMAX ISOFLEX or ALLMAX ISOFEMME can help you achieve your diet protein requirements. Both protein powders are made of 90% pure protein and created through a cold temperature process that eliminates the need for any added chemicals. Further, the inclusion of Glycomacropeptides in the ISOFEMME protein formula is designed to help control appetite with natural ingredients.
Just don’t know when to stop? Here are some quick tips to make sure you don’t over-indulge at your next meal.
5 Tips to Filling up on Less
1. Stabilizes your blood glucose levels. For hard-training athletes, carbohydrates are imperative in ensuring glycogen is restored after a workout. However, carbohydrates consumed alone are more quickly converted into glucose which not only triggers an insulin spike but will also stroke your appetite and slow down the fat-burning process. Look for ingredients such as cinnamon and fenugreek seeds, which are known to regulate insulin and blood glucose levels in the body. Both these ingredients can also be found in the ISOFEMME protein.
2. Fork, chew, swallow, sip…now refork. The order should not be fork, chew, refork, chew, gulp. In other words, your mouth is not empty yet, so why are you cramming more food into it into?
Get a java fix. Caffeine is another well-known appetite stunter.
3. Eat your greens – Your mom wasn’t BS-ing when she said they were good for you. This is your guilt-free way of filling up. Vegetables are ultra low in calories and high in dietary fiber. They also take up extra room in the belly and release chemicals that tell the brain to shut down the appetite. Just more proof that mama knows best.
4. Think portion control and leave the extras out of sight. You are more likely to pick at leftovers if they are sitting right in front of you. Fill your plate in the kitchen and eat elsewhere. Out of sight, out of mind.
5. Controlling your appetite shouldn’t to be torture. If portion control and snacking is something that has been troubling your training progress try, following these tips and consume a little extra protein here and there.
ALLMAX makes protein consumption easy with ISOFLEX and ISOFEMME. By simply cutting back on insulin-spiking foods and upping your protein intake, you can cut the cravings and hunger in half. Your glutes will thank you for it later, trust me.