8 Products that Will Push your Progress to the Next Level
When it comes to making significant and long-term progress with your physique you must first focus on creating an effective/efficient workout program that is geared specifically towards your personal needs, goals, strengths, weaknesses and recuperative abilities.
Next you must turn your attention toward fueling your muscles with the proper foods/nutrients every single day so that your intense training sessions are adequately supported by the highest quality proteins, carbs and fats for recovery, repair and growth.
Once these two foundational elements are solidly in place it is then time to set up a meticulous and scientifically (as well as “in the trenches”) proven supplement protocol that will round out your regimen, providing for you that final edge that takes you from adequate to extraordinary. With that in mind, lets take a look at 8 of the very best ingredients/compounds/formulas available for building muscle, burning body fat, enhancing performance and igniting skin-bursting pumps!
1. Multi-vitamin/mineral: This should be utilized to make sure that you are meeting all of your micronutrient needs. As we all know (or should), cooking methods and the quality of the foods we eat often compromise the total vitamin and mineral content. Intense training, stress, and environmental factors cause a lot of free radical damage, which can compromise the health of you heart, internal organs, joints, CNS (central nervous system), and muscles, which means most basic multi-vitamins are not adequate for athletes. Make sure you seek out a scientifically designed formula that works as hard as you do!
2. Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs): EFAs are essential for overall health, proper hormonal production (including testosterone), fat burning, mood, insulin sensitivity, skin, hair, and brain function (learning and memory). Additionally, EFAs improve the elasticity of arterial walls and reduce the harmful effects of plasma triglycerides. This is a supplement that should not be ignored by any health conscious person.
3. Creatine: Creatine increases creatine phosphate within muscle cells, hastening ATP resynthesis, allowing for greater strength and power while training. Creatine also helps volumize muscle cells, which creates a more efficient anabolic (muscle building) state. It has also been show to reduce levels of “myostatin,” a myokine protein that actually interferes with muscle hypertrophy.
My Recommendation: For the first five days take 3 sevings per day of ALLMAX CREATINE MONOHYDRATE – morning, afternoon and evening. Then take one serving post workout on training days and one serving with first meal on off days.
4. Beta Alanine: Beta Alanine combines with histidine to increase muscle carnosine levels, which has been shown to dramatically improve endurance, delay neuromuscular fatigue, and raise the anabolic threshold by buffering muscle acidity. Additionally, Beta Alanine helps to generate great levels of nitric oxide so that your muscle pumps come faster and last longer.
My Recommendation: Take 3.2 grams of ALLMAX BETA ALANINE in water upon awakening and another 3.2 grams 15-30 minutes before a workout. (Note: Some trainees prefer to split their Beta Alanine into four daily doses of 1.6 grams, while others find that a single 6.4 gram dose before training works best).
5. L-Leucine: More and more clinical research is pointing to the fact that leucine is the most anabolic and anticatabolic of the branched chain amino acids, acting primarily through the mTOR pathway. Leucine greatly increases protein synthesis (independent of insulin), decreases protein degredation, stabilizes blood sugar (in a calorie restricted state) and has even shown powerful fat loss properties through increased expression of uncoupling protein 3 (UCP3).
6. L-Glutamine: This conditionally essential amino acid is one of the most abundant in the body. It helps to ignite the release of natural growth hormones, enhances nitrogen retention, staves off muscle wasting, increases the number of “Heat Shock Proteins,” and provides a powerful boost to the immune system (perhaps its most important effect).
7. Fat Burners/Stimulants/Metabolism Boosters: Utilized intelligently (without abusing them – too high a dose, and/or too often) “stims” like caffeine, yohimbe, cayenne, guarana, and others are great for a quick energy boost when feeling lethargic, as well as greatly enhancing performance on the field and in the gym. When combined with other research proven compounds such as olive powder, green coffee extract, ashwagandha, and N-methyl-tyramine, a powerful synergy occurs that forces all of the body’s fat burning machinery into action.
My Recommendation: Take one capsule of RAPIDCUTS SHREDDED upon awakening (Note: works very well before fasted cardio) and another in the early afternoon (preferably before your weight training workout). Do not exceed 2 capsules in a 24 hour period. Best results occur when cycled in an 8 weeks on and 4-6 weeks off manner.)
8. Nitric Oxide (NO2) Enhancers: Compounds such as arginine, citrulline malate, glycerol, rutaecarpine and L-norvaline are capable of enhancing vasodilation, increasing blood flow, and hydrating muscle cells, all of which result in an improved pump and greater cell volume. Not only does a highly pumped-up muscle feel amazing, but the increased blood flow assists in shuttling more nutrients, oxygen and hormones to muscle cells, which signals (turns on) specific anabolic pathways that lead to more rapid hypertrophy/growth.
As I mentioned earlier, while a solid training and nutrition/diet regimen will form the foundation of any successful physique transformation program, a well-designed supplementation program will not only hasten progress, but allow one to manifest results greater than with just training and diet alone so that you can push even closer to your genetic potential!