These are great during contest prep so I can get my greens in, while still enjoying a “sweet” breakfast. Great thing about this recipe is that you can’t even taste the zucchini, and it adds substance to a low carb meal.
Makes 3 – 4 Pancakes
- 1/3 cup Quick Oats
- 3/4 cup Egg Whites (about 6)
- 1/2 of a Zuchinni
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Dash of Splenda
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Oil of Choice (or Cooking Spray)
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup mixed berries
- Sugar Free Pancake Syrup (Walden Farms is what we have locally)
- Grate the zucchini into a bowl using the large side of a box grater.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. If this mixture is still slightly wet you can add more oats.
- Spray or coat a non stick pan and pour batter out into pancake sized portions.
- Cook over medium heat – the key is to cook the eggs through without burning the outside, so a slower cooking time than regular pancakes is recommended.