Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- 8 Bell Peppers (Red/Green/Yellow, suitable for stuffing)
- 2 lbs Organic Ground Turkey
- 1 cup grated Carrot
- 1 cup grated Zucchini
- 1 finely chopped medium Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ cup Quinoa
- 3 tbsp Bread Crumbs
- 4 tbsp Tomato Sauce (or Ketchup)
- 4 tbsp chopped Parsley
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp dried Oregano
- 2 tbsp sried Basil
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise (or cut off the tops if the peppers are short and stout). Remove seeds and membranes. Wash and dry the peppers and set them aside.
- Semi-cook quinoa.
- Mix all ingredients (including quinoa) in a large mixing bowl with your hands.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 1-2 hours to let the flavors set.
- Rub the outside of the peppers with a little olive oil.
- Stuff the peppers and place them on a non-stick baking pan (or a pan lined with aluminum foil) at 375 degrees for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Optional: during last 15 minutes of cooking, sprinkle top with part-skim mozzarella cheese.