Trail Mix Protein Bars
These bars are a great combination of trail mix, granola bar and protein bars and will answer the call for many of those cravings while providing you with essential protein packed full of flavor and nutritious ingredients.
- 1 cup natural crunchy peanut butter
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 cup rolled oats (large flake and if you’re feeling adventurous, you could try a mix of grains like rye, kamut, spelt, and barley)
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup chopped hazelnuts
- Some raw sunflower and pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1 cup chopped mixed fruit, cranberries, dates, figs, apricots, prunes – for a nice chewy texture (optional)
- 6 Scoops ALLMAX ISOFLEX Peanut Butter Chocolate
- 2-3 tbsp water
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut for garnish (optional)
- Lightly grind up 1 cup of the nut mixture and a couple of spoonfuls of ground (you can also use whole) flaxseed and set aside for later.
- Measure out 1 cup of rolled oats and 2 tbsp of ground flax and set aside for later.
- Using a large pot, add the peanut butter and honey, and heat. (Makes it soft so you can mix more easily).
- Add nuts, (optional dried fruit), rolled oats and 6 scoops of ALLMAX ISFOLEX Peanut Butter Chocolate protein powder, mixing in one at a time. You’ll need to add some water as you go to get it to mix.
- Get a container, line it with wax paper, grab hunks of the dough and roll it into the shape of a bar (you will use a separate piece of wax paper to flatten later). Garnish with coconut.
- Repeat until you’ve gone through all the dough. If you run out of space, separate with the wax paper and make another level.