The Big Blue Bison Burger
If you’re looking for something new to throw on the BBQ, try some tasty and nutritious bison burgers.
Bison meat is a richer, more flavourful meal, and has half the fat of ground beef. Bison is loaded with muscle-building protein and is also high in zinc, iron, and vitamin B6.
- 2 lb ground bison meat
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Take each of the garlic cloves out of their skin. Spray a piece of tin foil with cooking spray. Wrap the garlic cloves in the foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Mix together bison meat, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Form into 6 patties. Place patties on a preheated barbeque. Flip after 8 minutes or so, and cook until they are cooked through.
- To prepare, place one burger in each hamburger bun. Top with creamy, roasted garlic, eight or more walnuts and a small handful of blue cheese.
Nutritional Information (for 1/6th recipe)
Protein 159.2 grams
Carbohydrates 92.8 grams
Fat 142.5 grams