Sweet Potato Protein Squares
Sweet potatoes are incredibly versatile and have a natural sweetness to them that makes them perfect for health conscious individuals.
They can be made into French fries, mashed potatoes or sweet pie. Their rich, buttery flavor pairs well with cinnamon and sugar or with cumin and chili; making them perfect for dishes of all types.
On top of their impeccable taste, sweet potatoes are little powerhouses of nutrition. They are bursting with vitamin A and C, and when eaten with their skin, have more fiber than oatmeal! They are low on the glycemic index, making them a perfect addition to any meal. So mash, boil, sautée, grill, roast, or add them into any recipe.
To start, try our delicious Vanilla Protein Sweet Potato Squares. They are high in protein and complex carbohydrates, making them a perfect post-workout snack!
- ½ cup shredded sweet potato
- 1-½ tbsp Splenda/stevia
- 1 scoop Vanilla ISOFLEX protein powder
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 tsp organic, unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 egg
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine sweet potatoes, Splenda, milk, apple sauce, nuts and egg. Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add sweet potato mixture to dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour into a square baking pan that has been sprayed, and bake at 350⁰F for 25 minutes.
Nutritional Facts per Square
Protein: 4 g (16 cal)
Total Fat: 2 g (18 cal)
Total Carbs: 5 g (20 cal)