Looking for something different this weekend for breakfast? Try these savory sweet potato pancakes for a change.
These pancakes are delicious topped with cottage cheese, tomatoes and green onions. Or goat cheese, sundried tomatoes and black olives.
Or what about some smoked salmon and capers or bell pepper salsa? They are also really delicious with some apple sauce and sour cream on the side. Go ahead and get adventurous, and try different things to spice up your weekend mornings.
- 1 large sweet potato
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 cup ALLMAX ISONATURAL (about 5 scoops)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp whipped butter
- Peel and grate potatoes and onion.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Drop the batter into a hot skillet. Wait for bubbles to appear on top before flipping.
- Serve with your favorite topping.
Makes 6 pancakes.
Nutrition Facts per Serving
- Calories: 149
- Total Fats: 1.8 g
- Total Carbs: 9.2 g
- Protein: 26 g