- 2 cups washed quinoa
- 4 1/2 cups of chicken stock
- 2 cups of diced butternut squash
- 5 tablespoons of butter (or butter substitute)
- 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese to taste (vegan cheese can be substituted for the parmesan)
- 1 cup of Chardonnay white wine
- 3/4 of a large onion, finely diced
- Salt and paper to taste
- Bring the quinoa and chicken stock to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until the chicken stock evaporates.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, bring lightly salted water and squash to a boil, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once the squash and quinoa are ready, in another pot, caramelize the onion over medium high heat, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked quinoa and white wine, cook for 2 minutes until wine has reduced slightly (you want to burn off the alcohol).
- Add the cooked squash and cheese, reduce to medium, stir for 15 to 20 minutes or until creamy.