With Thanksgiving coming up, here is a great recipe option for dessert that the whole family can enjoy.
Who doesn’t love pecan pie during the holidays? Well with this recipe, you can avoid all the sugar and high-fat calories of such a dessert and indulge in this high-protein, Omega-3-rich, calcium-dense cheesecake without the guilt. In fact, it may even do you some good! Enjoy!
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup low calorie/low fat sugar cookies
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup egg whites
- Mix the first three ingredients in a magic bullet and pour enough egg whites over top to make a thick crumbly mixture.
- Press flat into a 12 by 12 baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- 1 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1 small brick fat free or low fat cream cheese
- 2 scoops ISOFLEX Peanut Butter Chocolate protein powder
- ½ cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 4 packets Stevia or Splenda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp sugarfree/fatfree butterscotch jello pudding powder
- 1 egg
- ½ cup egg whites
- pecans to garnish
- Mix together all ingredients in blender or magic bullet until blended.
- Pour over crust and bake at 350F for 20 mins. Let rest.
- Garnish with pecans.
Optional: If you want, you could pour a chocolate glaze over top (made with isoflex chocolate protein powder and egg whites) and sprinkle crushed peanuts on top for decoration.
Nutritional Facts per Serving (1/4 of the cake)
Protein: 28 g (112 cal)
Fat: 15 g (135 cal)
Carbs: 14 g (56 cal)