We have all had rice crispy squares as children.
But as a serious athlete or just someone wishing to make healthier choices, we know how detrimental this high-sugar treat can be.
With the holiday season fast approaching, we are all looking for something healthy and seasonal to box up.
This edible wreath makes a great gift idea to give to your friends without compromising your principles as a promoter of healthy living.
Try these high protein squares. You can make them into squares, bars or decorate it up in the shape of an edible table wreath.
- ½ cup multigrain cheerios
- ½ cup DayBreak Breakfast cereal
- ¼ cup assorted seeds, raw nuts and coconut
- ¼ cup dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, bananas)
- Carob chips
- 1 tbsp pure coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Raw Organic Agave Nectar (or Splenda)
- 1 scoop ISOFLEX Chocolate Mint Protein Powder
- 1 scoop ALLWHEY Strawberry Protein Powder
- Mix ½ cereal with nuts and coconut in a medium bowl.
- Mix remaining half of cereal with dried fruits and carob chips.
- Take two saucepans and melt organic agave nectar. Bring to a boil
- Add ISOFLEX protein powder and blend quickly. Then pour over the cereal mix, coating the cereal with nuts and fruit.
- In the second pan, add ALLWHEY Strawberry Protein Powder and blend quickly. Then add to cereal with fruit, coating evenly.
- Now comes the fun part. Shape either into bars, cookies or form a wreath twisting the two together. Then decorate with holly for a healthy table display. Your friends will love it.