Besides being the perfect grab-and-go snack, almonds taste amazing and are one of the most nutritious nuts around!
Most health-conscious individuals already know that almonds are an all-natural food that are an essential component to any diet. They are both healthful and indulgent, with a rich, subtle flavor that makes them suitable for sweet dishes such as oatmeal, or savory dishes like curries.
One ounce of almonds contains 12% of your recommended daily protein intake. In addition, they are low in saturated fats and high in calcium, magnesium, vitamin E and phytochemicals.
Regular consumption of almonds can prevent cancer, reduce your risk of a heart attack and could help to lower cholesterol. The health benefits of almonds are impeccable, so next time you are at the grocery store, pick up some almonds or almond butter and keep them on hand for quick snacks or add-ins to your meals.
These delicious, high-protein almond nougat bars can be made ahead of time and frozen for a quick-and-tasty meal on the run.
- 1 scoop ISOFLEX vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup whipped cottage cheese
- ¼ egg whites
- 2 tbsp flaxseed, ground
- ½ oz almonds, chopped
- ½ cup oats
- 1 packet Splenda
- ½ tsp almond extract
- In a blender, mix together the protein powder, cottage cheese, egg whites, flaxseed, ¼ cup oats, almond extract and Splenda. Mix until well blended.
- Stir in the remaining ¼ cup oats and the chopped almonds.
- Spray a small rectangular microwave-safe container with cooking spray. Pour batter into the container and microwave for 30 seconds until the edges begin to harden.
- Place the container in the freezer or refrigerator until set (approximately 3 hours).
Makes 2 bars.
Nutritional Content per Bar
Protein: 25 g (100 cal)
Fat: 8 g (72 cal)