French Toast à la Fit
Between French fries and French silk pie, butter croissants and brioche, it may seem that French food is a poor fitness choice.
While you may be tempted to add French toast to this list, think again!
Although French toast typically is a high-calorie, high-fat, high-carb meal low in protein, you can modify the meal to make it more conducive to a killer physique. All you need is a little ingenuity and a little Isoflex.
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 2 scoops ALLMAX ISOFLEX (Vanilla)
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Make the batter by combining egg whites, ISOFLEX, milk and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Mix until smooth.
- Submerge the slices of bread in the batter one by one.
- Fry in a non-stick skillet or add low-fat Pam to a regular frying pan and cook on a medium-high heat.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Top with sugar-free maple syrup or prepare a protein-rich, sweet topping by combining 1 teaspoon of vanilla ISOFLEX, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and a packet of sugar-free sweetener.
Nutrition Facts per Serving
- Calories: 167
- Total Fat: 1 g
- Total Carbs: 16 g
- Protein: 23.5 g
Nutrition Facts entire Recipe
- Calories: 672
- Total Fat: 4.2 g
- Total Carbs: 64.5 g
- Protein: 94 g