Making your own protein bars is a healthy and economical way to get that much-needed protein on-the-go.
This recipe is easy to make and should last about a week, provided you can resist their nutty, chocolatey, chewy goodness!
- ¼ cup brown sugar Splenda mix
- 1 cup skim milk
- ½ cup egg whites
- 4 tbsp apple sauce
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 cups low fat granola (I use President’s Choice Blue Menu Low Fat Granola)
- 3 scoops ALLMAX ISOFLEX Chocolate Peanut Butter protein powder
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Mix wet ingredients together.
- Add the dry to the wet and stir to incorporate.
- Spray a 8-inch square pan with low-fat Pam. Pour in the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- Cut into 12 pieces. Wrap the remaining bars and freeze if desired.
Nutritional Information (Serving Size = 1/12th recipe)
Protein: 10 g (40 cal)
Fat: 4 g (36 cal)
Carbohydrates: 15 g (60 cal)