Chocolate Espresso Muffins
We hear it’s International Coffee Week so to honor the coffee lovers world-wide we have these delicious Chocolate Espresso Muffins, flavored with Caramel Macchiato ISOFLEX, coffee and crunchy pecans. Perfect for morning or a post-workout snack! But who are we kidding? They are perfect ANYTIME!!
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cup oats
- 1/3 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 scoop ALLMAX ISOFLEX Caramel Macchiato protein powder
- 1/2 cup granulated stevia
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup strong espresso or brewed coffee, cooled
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, oats and cocoa powder.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, protein powder and stevia
- Mix to combine.
- In a medium bowl, mix together egg, milk, coffee, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold until combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in nuts after.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cups.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes on 375 degrees, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes
- Remove muffins from pan and let cool completely.