Cauliflower Crust Pizza
For the crust:
- 1 head of Cauliflower, florets only
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 cup low fat or skimmed Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Egg Whites (beaten)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Using a cookie sheet or a pizza tray, coat with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Using only the florets of the cauliflower – use a cheese grater or finely chop into rice size pieces (should measure 2 cups or slightly more).
- In a non-stick skillet, sauté the cauliflower for approximately 6 minutes over medium heat.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spread the dough over the cookie sheet or pan ensuring it does not exceed more than 1/3″ thickness.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 30 mins or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove crust from the oven and top with pizza sauce and your favorite toppings (I suggest small slices of cooked chicken breast, zucchini, eggplant and red onion).
- Add a small amount (1/4 cup) more of shredded cheese to bond the toppings.
- Broil for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
NOTE: Pre-roast/cook your vegetable toppings as the pizza only needs a slight broil at the finish.