With the holiday season in full swing, it’s getting down to crunch time – do you have the will power to stay dedicated to your diet or will the tantalizing treats of family gatherings and parties prove too powerful?
It can be quite a battle to stay focused on eating what’s right for your body and performance with so many delicious dishes around. Concentrate on your goals – you may want to push more weight on your squat, but you don’t want that weight to be coming from a spare tire around your waist.
Even on short notice, you can still whip up some satisfying and slimming treats, thanks to a little ingenuity and some ALLMAX products.
- 10 tbsp apple sauce (unsweetened)
- 15 oz (1 can) pumpkin or sweet potato purée
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white pastry flour
- 1 cup ALLMAX ALLWHEY – butterscotch maple fudge
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ginger
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix spices, baking powder, baking soda, ALLWHEY and flour in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine apple sauce and maple syrup and add the eggs.
- Mix well and add apple pieces and pumpkin or sweet potato purée.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into a 10-inch bundt cake pan sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.