Nothing makes it feel more like summer than a grilled dinner on the BBQ!
So what could be better than a delicious and healthy pizza prepared on the grill? While traditional pizzas can be laced with high-calorie ingredients, our BBQ chicken pizza is a healthier version than the ones you find on a restaurant menu.
Pizza can actually be a very healthy meal as it contains protein, carbohydrates and fat. The key is to make sure you choose lower fat cheese options, a whole wheat crust, and a low-fat protein option. Additionally, try to add as many vegetables to your pizza as you can. The more you add, the more vitamins and minerals you’ll ingest.
- 1 pre-made whole wheat crust
- 3/4 cup Kraft low-calorie BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup low fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup low fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 red onion, sliced into thin pieces
- 1/4 cup spinach, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded into small pieces
- Preheat BBQ to a med-low temperature.
- Pour BBQ sauce over crust. Place shredded chicken over sauce and top with onions, spinach, and then finally cheeses.
- Lower BBQ temperature to low and place pizza on the BBQ (if you have a BBQ grill rack you can use this). Let pizza cook for about 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and pizza is heated throughout. While pizza is on the BBQ, make sure to watch that the crust does not burn, as some BBQs cook faster than others. If your pizza crust looks as if it is getting too dark on the bottom, place a piece of tin foil under it.
Cooks Note: To shred chicken breasts, use two forks to pull apart chicken into small pieces
Nutritional Information (for 1/6th pizza)
Protein: 25.5 g (102 cal)
Carbohydrates: 53.2 g (212 cal)
Fat: 4 g (36 cal)