Weekends are all about catching up with friends and family and indulging in leisurely, decadent breakfasts.
Try these two tasty recipes as a breakfast, brunch, lunchtime meal or snack any time of day!
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ½ tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp peanut or cashew oil
- ½ cup mushrooms, quartered
- 5 snow peas cut in half on an angle
- ¼ red bell pepper, diced
- 3 medium/large green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp reduced sodium lite soy sauce
- 5 egg whites
- In a skillet over a medium heat, sauté garlic and ginger in half the oil. Do not allow garlic to burn, then add mushrooms, snow peas and red pepper.
- Stir fry until mushrooms start to become brown and soft. Add the chopped green onion and continue cooking for one more minute. Then drizzle half the amount of soy sauce over the vegetables. Remove contents from the skillet and set aside,
- Return skillet to the heat, add the remaining oil, then the egg whites and begin to scramble, using a spatula. Just before the eggs are fully cooked, add the vegetables cooked earlier and fold in all the ingredients together gently.
- Serve with warm soy sauce drizzled over the top. Serves 1
- Calories: 173.5
- Total Fat: 2.5 g
- Total Carbs: 8.5 g
- Protein: 28.5 g
- 4 egg whites (whisk briefly, set aside)
- 1 medium to large mushroom (sliced or quartered)
- 3/4 cup red pepper & green pepper (diced)
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- 3-4 grape or cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- ½ tsp garlic
- 1 tbsp pesto (store brought)
- 1oz low-fat feta cheese
- In a non-stick skillet sprayed with Pam, sauté onion and garlic together, then add peppers and mushroom and continue to sauté. I like to keep peppers slightly crisp, as it adds texture to this dish.
- Add pesto and halved tomatoes and toss quickly several times. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a second skillet sprayed with Pam, scramble egg whites. Just before they are fully cooked, add sautéd veggie and top with crumbled feta cheese and fresh basil. Serves 1.
Note: When I’m not prepping for a competition, I enjoy these eggs with homemade bruschetta, topped with a drizzle of Caesar dressing and a reduction of balsamic vinegar. This is a real favorite with my family.
- Calories: 261
- Total Fat: 14 g
- Total Carbs: 11 g
- Protein: 33 g