March is the official month of Nutrition and in honor of this, we’ve created a wholesome, high-protein recipe packed full of nutrients.
Tilapia is a mild-tasting fish and a good source of protein, B12 and Omega-3 and it’s low in calories. Quinoa is a powerhouse when it comes to health benefits and it packs more protein per gram than any other grain. When combined, tilapia and quinoa make the perfect nutrient-dense meal.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Generous sprinkle of Mrs. Dash Original or Lemon Pepper Blend
- Freshly ground pepper
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 Tilapia fillets
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a non-stick pan and heat on a medium setting.
- Season the tilapia fillets with Mrs. Dash and ground pepper and place in heated pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the juice of half a lime and continue to cook for about another 4 minutes.
- Flip the fillet and cook for another 1 minute, then serve.
Parsley Quinoa Salad
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- First make the dressing by mixing the olive oil with the lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Add the parsley, tomato and quinoa to a large salad bowl and pour over the dressing.
- Toss salad and serve with the prepared tilapia fillets.
Nutrition Facts per Serving
- Calories: 426
- Total Carbs: 32 g
- Total Fats: 13 g
- Protein: 34.5 g