What better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than with chocolate and protein!
Of course, we’ve all heard of the fat-burning and mind-soothing benefits of dark chocolate, but did you know that it is also a rich source of arginine? Better yet, it’s an aphrodisiac.
So let’s get cooking!
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 scoops ISOFLEX chocolate protein powder
- Stevia to taste
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup of old fashioned rolled oats ground
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cup cake tins with cooking spray and/or paper muffin cups.
- Blend together cottage cheese, protein powder, stevia, applesauce and egg whites.
- Sift in a bowl baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt. Add to wet ingredients and incorporate well.
- With a spoon, stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Spoon into greased cup cake tins and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool before icing.
- 1 scoop ISOFLEX Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 1 tbsp skim milk
- Crushed nuts
- Mix together protein powder, nut butter and enough milk to make into a icing consistency.
- Decorate the cup cakes with icing and sprinkle with crushed nuts.
Nutritional Facts Per Cup Cake
- Calories: 165
- Protein: 13 g
- Total Fat: 3 g
- Total Carbs: 12 g