As the summer berry season draws to a close it’s the perfect time to make a batch of these delicious high protein berry muffins. From strawberries, to blueberries, to raspberries, there are a plethora of varieties to choose from and enjoy as part of a healthy, balanced diet. Not only are berries naturally sweet and very versatile for a variety of recipes, but they are also nutritional powerhouses. The beautiful red, blue, and purple hues of berries are indicative of their phytochemicals and flavonoids that are beneficial in disease prevention. The lutein content in berries can help aid in healthy vision and the vitamin C in them can help keep one’s immune system strong.
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 cup oats
- 2 scoops HEXAPRO Strawberry or Vanilla Milkshake
- 1 ½ cups mixed berries (your choice!)
- pinch baking soda
- pinch baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a Magic Bullet or blender, blend together all of the ingredients, omitting half of the berries. Once mixed, add in the remaining berries.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and pour batter into muffin tin about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until set.