Chili-Lime Chicken & Veggie Kabobs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (1-2 cloves)
- cayenne pepper to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
Optional add-ins: Chopped green, yellow and red bell pepper, onions, mushrooms
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and lime juice. Season with chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish with the sauce, and stir to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour or 4-6 hours for best taste
- Preheat the grill for medium-high heat. Thread chicken and veggies onto skewers, and discard marinade.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill skewers for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken juices run clear.