Baby Spinach Salad with Chicken Breast, Toasted Pecans and Goats Cheese
Apparently, Popeye had it right when it came to consuming spinach in massive quantities. Spinach is packed full of iron, calcium, chlorophyll, vitamin C, riboflavin – the list goes on and on – no wonder it’s considered a super food!
- 1 bag baby spinach
- ¼ cup toasted pecan halves
- ¼ cup dried cherries, chopped
- ¼ cup thinly chopped red onion
- ¼ cup crumbled light goats cheese
- 2 grilled skinless chicken breasts, chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- Whisk together the last 7 ingredients to make dressing.
- Lay spinach in a large salad bowl. Layer with pecans, cherries, red onion, and chicken. Crumble goats cheese over top, and drizzle dressing over salad to cover. Toss together before ready to serve.
(per serving, makes 5 servings)
Protein: 18 g (72 cal)
Fat: 24 g (216 cal)
Carbohydrate: 15 g (60 cal)