A perfect side dish for a BBQ or potluck! This dish is fully loaded with veggies and protein, and what’s even better? It’s super easy to prepare! Consider this dish similar to chicken fried rice – with less calories and the same comforting taste. Expect rave reviews from your guests and have this recipe handy, they’ll be asking for it!
- 1 ½ cups of long grain rice
- 2 chicken breasts or an 8 oz steak – cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- 1 package of onion soup mix
- 1 can of consommé
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 can of water chestnuts (slice or chop them)
- 1 can of baby corn, chopped
- Drain all of the liquid from water chestnuts, baby corn and consommé in container. Make up the difference in water to 4 ½ cups. Put all of the ingredients in a bowl (leave liquid for last). Mix together and pour into a casserole dish and cover.
- Bake at 350 for approximately one hour. If rice is just undercooked, let the casserole dish stand uncovered for an additional 15-20 mins. Enjoy!